Saturday, March 15, 2008

"I want to do a film for kids" - Emraan Hashmi

While Emraan Hashmi was romancing around the trees (or can one say, balconies of high-rise buildings?) with his heroines, there was a steady base of fans being built over the years. So what's new in that? Well, what came as a surprise to Emraan himself was the fact that his fan base didn't just comprise of young girls and boys but even small kids.

"Imagine being told by kids as young as 7/8/9 years old that they have liked me in my films,” exclaims Emraan in mock amusement, "I was like - where have you seen me dear? Most of the films I have done have primarily dealt with adult subjects! Hence, it surprised me that there are kids out there who claim to have been 'appreciating' my act. God!" When and where did he come across this newfound fan base? "It was in the 'Chote Ustad' reality show where I was a guest. Kids came to me and started talking to me about Awarapan, Gangster, and even my debut film, Footpath. I guess satellite channels and DVDs are really helping awareness grow in these kids. To think about it, so many of these kids would not have even started talking when my Footpath released," jokes Emraan.

So what is he planning to gift back to the young ones considering the appreciation he is garnering? It can't be more kissing on the screen, right? Laughs Emraan, "Of course not, it cannot be that. I would have to do something different." Getting serious, he says, "I am quite serious about doing a film which appeals to children. And by a film for children, I do not necessarily want to equate it to a kiddie-kiddie film. It has to have a universal subject though with a heart in place for children." Is it the Taare Zameen Par factor, which has given him an added confidence on experimenting with something like this? "It is, it is", says Emraan promptly, "Of course it helps to see the market growing in such a way that films like these are not just being made and released well but also becoming blockbusters. If a film entertains and yet has a message that makes one learn, why not make more of such films?"

Considering the kind of films, he has done in the past, though there have been numerous hits, won't it be difficult to be going for an image shift? "You are forgetting that I have played a father on screen very recently,” states Emraan, "In 'The Train' I had a daughter though that angle did have a miniscule part to play in the narrative. In any case, it won't be wrong to say that it is the script which drives an image." And how is he going ahead in his endeavor to do a children's film? "I am going through a lot of scripts and may soon be narrowing down on one as well. May be in a few months time, I should be having something rolling soon too!"

Till then, kids can enjoy listening (and seeing) his 'Bheege Honth Tere' (Murder), 'Aashiq Banaya Aapne' (Aashiq Banaya Aapne), 'Jhalak Dikhla Ja' (Aksar) and 'Jawani Diwani' (Jawani Diwani) amongst many other Emraan hits!

COMMENTS :

Don't Spam Here

0 comments to “"I want to do a film for kids" - Emraan Hashmi”

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Fresh Themes Gallery | NdyTeeN. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger and Distributed by Blogtemplate4u .