Saturday, April 12, 2008

Rakesh Roshan on the Krazzy 4 music Court Case

I have been observing with great feeling of anguish, some false and frivolous reporting about the matter related to the music of my film Krazzy 4 in press and electronic media.

With a view to clarifying the position and removing any wrong and unworthy impression created by such irresponsible and utterly misleading statements, I think it is absolutely necessary to inform everyone about the facts on record.

This statement, besides unfolding the facts, will serve as a timely warning to my fraternity.

I had liked the music piece of the ad which I saw on TV in which Hrithik Roshan is performing as a brand ambassador for Sony Ericsson. For the purpose of using some portion of the said music in my film, I requested Sony Ericsson and in response I was granted consent and permission of Sony Ericsson by the letter dated 13th December 2007 which I reproduce here

Consequently in good faith and relying on the authorization of Sony Ericsson as per the attached letter, I recorded with the required modification retaining only 4 bars of the 'THUMP' track. I was surprised and shocked on 24th March 2008 to receive a notice from the solicitors of Ram Sampat containing allegations of infringement of his work.

I contacted Sony Ericsson and was told that they issued the letter by mistake and in fact they didn't have the rights for the same.

Before I could think of any solution, Mr. Sampat filed a suit in Bombay High Court framing all wild and frivolous allegations of infringing his copyright of said music piece of Thump.

It was really a shocking development because instead of approaching me to know the facts he straight away went to court. It was evident from going through the plaint and annexure therewith, that he was preparing the suit for a long time.

It is interesting to note that the Krazzy 4 music was launched in February 2008 and the promos containing the alleged infringed work was released on TV on all channels in the end of February 2008. All these days, Ram Sampat chose to wait and instituted the suit in the High Court just a few days before the release of the film.

This was a well planned scheme of making money. Having all the proof in my hand to defend, I was helpless for want of time.

I was required to be in Court when the prints of the film had already been delivered all over the world. Finding myself caught in a helpless situation and to keep up my commitment with distributors and to respect feelings of the audience, I had no way but to succumb to the pressure and to compromise on the matter, thereby seeing that the film is released on the announced date.

To honor all these commitments, moral and professional I paid the price to Ram Sampat who strangulated me just days before the release.

These are facts which will enlighten each and everyone who might have been misled by wrongful claims and have been carrying wrong impression about the intentions and integrity of a banner which is sincerely and honestly serving the Motion Picture Industry and cine-goers since decades. These are also the facts which Hrithik had sent to Ram via sms which he has misused.

While concluding, I would request my producer brethren to be beware of such people who wait to harass and corner the producers just at the time of the release of the film for wrongful gains.

COMMENTS :

Don't Spam Here

0 comments to “Rakesh Roshan on the Krazzy 4 music Court Case”

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Fresh Themes Gallery | NdyTeeN. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger and Distributed by Blogtemplate4u .