Thursday, May 15, 2008

"IPL has been a learning experience" - Preity Zinta

Preity left for the Cannes Film Festival on Wednesday morning at a time when she's neck-deep in IPL affairs. “Can't help it, yaar," she phoned and groaned groggily from Frankfurt airport. "It's been two years now that I've been the brand ambassador for Chopard and it requires me to be at Cannes every year, come what May… pun intended."

Understandably, she's exhausted. "But I'm also exhilarated," she's quick to add. "IPL has been a learning experience," remarked Preity.

IPL has evoked mixed response from the audience. In fact some people believe IPL to be confusing cricket. "Not at all," denies Preity vehemently. "Considering the fact that players of different age groups and varied nationalities are interacting on one platform, it's quite an eye-opener. Also, it's only here that the younger players get the golden opportunity to learn the ropes from senior and international players."

Ask about team player Bret Lee singing for Preity and she makes a disgusted noise. "This isn't even worth talking about. The man is married and has a kid. Besides, Bret sings for everyone on the team. He's always fooling around, singing and always up to some masti. All cricketers make an effort to keep the team spirit going. So there's nothing great about it."

Talking about team spirit, it is not a hidden fact that Preity has taken to her IPL town, Mohali in a big way. "People there are so warm and friendly that Ness and I have begun to care for the town," Preity justifies. "While other IPL team owners have got developed cities, we're the only ones who were given an upcoming town. We're proud to be part of that growth. Mohali is an air-force base so only army planes land there. However, thanks to IPL, there's already a talk of an international airport and several luxury hotels in the offing."

Preity has several events lined up in Cannes, but no movies. "I would have liked to bring my film Har Pal here, but it isn't ready as yet. If Rituparno Ghosh’s The Last Lear is screened, I'll go for it. But Chopard events are sure to keep me on my toes for the next three days. I've a red carpet event, a dinner, followed by a picnic. I will return to Mumbai on May 17 and immediately head for my IPL commitments."

Preity is also excited about accompanying the Bachchans in The Unforgettable Tour. "The Bachchans are my buddies. I'm joining them on their world tour in July and am really looking forward to it. I've been on a world tour with them earlier and had a ball. So I'm looking forward to this one as well," she concludes

COMMENTS :

Don't Spam Here

0 comments to “"IPL has been a learning experience" - Preity Zinta”

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Fresh Themes Gallery | NdyTeeN. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger and Distributed by Blogtemplate4u .