Wednesday, May 14, 2008

No skin-show, not even for Hrithik!

Sonam Kapoor feels much relieved and happy that Aditya Chopra has finally found a girl opposite Shah Rukh Khan in Rab De Bana Di Jodi.

"Since the film was announced speculation started about me being in the project. Arrey baba, I was never offered the film! I don't know where this whole thing started, honestly. I did visit Adi a couple of times like any other actor.

But not for any particular role. Maybe people saw me entering Yashraj. Nowadays even if an actress passes by Yashraj she's rumoured to have signed a film with them."

But the girl Anushka Sharma who has been signed opposite SRK in Adi's film does resemble Sonam.

"Does she? Hmmmmm ….Is that a compliment to me or to her? I had never even approached Adi for this role and I had a reason for it.I know it required someone very Punjabi and young.

I've just played a full-on Punjabi kudi, salwar-kameez sharara-gharara and all, in Rakeysh Mehra's Dilli 6. Even in Saawariya I was in full elaborate Indian clothes. Now I need change of pace..and grace."

Maybe a hot sizzling chic-and-trendy babe? "Yeah maybe. I'm not signing anything in a hurry.I've all the time in the world and the best advisor any actress in Bollywood could have. My dad"

Wouldn't Anurag Basu's Kites with Hrithik Roshan with its sizzling international-looking heroine's character have been the right vehicle to change Sonam's demure desi image from her first two films?

Apparently Sonam was offered the role Barbara Mori is now doing. But she baulked at the amount of glamour (read: skin-show) it required.

Sonam is tight-zipped about the Rakesh Roshan project. "All I'll say is, I'd never do anything to compromise myself or my family, or any film where I've to cringe at the premiere."

COMMENTS :

Don't Spam Here

0 comments to “No skin-show, not even for Hrithik!”

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Fresh Themes Gallery | NdyTeeN. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger and Distributed by Blogtemplate4u .