Wednesday, June 11, 2008

I will get married soon: Salman Khan

Controversies never eluded Salman Khan but the original six-pack boy of Bollywood has learnt the tricks of the trade and the rules of the road.

With experience Salman has become more patient and diplomatic. He takes one question at a time and answers articulately. TWF Bollywood correspondent caught up with the actor who now entertains millions of TV audience as the host of a game show “Dus ka Dum” on Sony.

Weren’t films enough?
Nothing but only the format attracted me. I never decide things, it just happened. I thought the format was interesting, easy and would appeal to many.

Interesting…
Yes, it is easy for the contestants. Dus Ka Dum has an easy format and for this the contestants need not be extraordinarily educated or intelligent. This game show does not embarrass the contestants if they fail.

So you are comfortable hosting this show?
Oh certainly. It also does not require the host to be very intelligent. I think they got the right person to host this show. (Winks)

Is that confidence?
See, I might not be the best host but I don’t think anyone else could have done this job better. I will do pretty much the same thing…acting and I know that is the only thing I can do to my best ability.

After Amitabh Bachchan and SRK you are hosting a show. Does that mean competition?
No way…please… You can’t compare three individuals. We all have different styles. And I feel it’s very unfair to compare me with Amitabh Bachchan…someone who did films like Sholay and Deewar.

And what about SRK giving you some handy tips on hosting this show?
(He...he…he…pauses…ha...ha…ha….) How could that even come to your mind? Why will he give me tips? And why should I take tips from him?

Tell me how would you avoid the media attention now? You have always stayed away from limelight. You will be seen on television now.
See, I have changed a lot. I like answering things straight. So it won’t be a problem. Earlier I had said many things openly, which got lost in translation. But they never bothered me but these days I feel scared.

I get mails from my fans asking me aggressive questions…like… why did you do this…or did you do that. So I like being asked straight questions and prefer asking them straight.

I also get anxious these days because my parents are getting old. They start panicking along with me. Tell me who would like to see his parents in that state?

You have a lot of grievances against the media…
No it’s not that. I don’t blame everyone. It’s one or two people who always did this. I said something and they wrote something…

Tell me honestly…are you confident that this show will be a hit?
Yes I am. I know my fan following and I have left everything to them. They turned so many of my bad films into hits, so I am sure they will make this show a hit too.

What about the idea of calling SRK on the show and make him play with you?
I haven’t thought of it.

But he called you on KBC. Wasn’t that a great episode?
I think that was the best episode. I am sure no other episode of KBC was as popular as was the one where I was there. It was a brilliant episode and I enjoyed it. But I haven’t decided on calling Shah Rukh yet. I have my favourites like Sanjay Dutt whom I would love to have on this show.

And will you do more of television after this?
No, that is something I am sure of. I want to get back into films- acting. I am an actor. Let me do my bit of acting in Bollywood (chuckles).

Tell me about your personal life?
What do you want to know?

Okay…when are you getting married?
Someday very soon…

Very soon?
Yes, it will happen as and when it happens but one thing is sure that I will get married. I also have my duties towards my parents. They are getting old and who doesn’t want to see his son or daughter get married. I will definitely marry because it’s a beautiful thing to happen.

COMMENTS :

Don't Spam Here

0 comments to “I will get married soon: Salman Khan”

Post a Comment

 

Copyright © 2009 Fresh Themes Gallery | NdyTeeN. All Rights Reserved. Powered by Blogger and Distributed by Blogtemplate4u .